This is the Majestic Fast Ferry
collect, uses and discloses Customer Data in order to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience with Majestic Fast Ferry
. The collection, use and disclosure of Customer Data enables Majestic Fast Ferry
’s policy and responsibility in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of Customer Data.
By continuing to use Majestic Fast Ferry’s
collection, use and disclosure of your Customer Data.
1. TYPES OF CUSTOMER DATA
- The type of Customer Data that Majestic Fast Ferry collects depends on the circumstances of collection and on the nature of the service requested or transaction undertaken. There are two broad categories of Customer Data that we collect at:
- Individual Customer Data which is personal information that links back to an individual e.g., name, address, phone number and email address etc.
- Statistical Data e.g., number of passengers carried, hits to website. This is stored purely for analytical purposes, and is entirely anonymous. This information will not be stored to your customer record, and will only be aggregated for statistical analysis so that we can better understand Majestic Fast Ferry customer profile and improve our service offerings.For purposes of this policy statement, the phrase Customer Data includes Personal Data and Statistical Data.
2. PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, PROCESSING AND DISCLOSURE
- Generally, Majestic Fast ferry collects Customer Data directly from you or from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorised, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current security procedures)in order to fulfill the following purposes, which include but are not limited to:
- Providing services to you such as processing a transaction (making a booking, e-Ticketing), internet check-in, registering for a Majestic Fast Ferry membership account;
- Marketing and communicating with you in relation to products and services offered by Majestic Fast ferry, our affiliates and service partners, as well as our appointed agents;
- Safety, security and legal compliance.
- Majestic Fast ferry may disclose your Customer Data to law enforcement agencies and government for security, customs and immigration purposes. For example, Majestic Fast ferry and other carriers are required by laws in Singapore and other countries to provide Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) with access to your booking information or trip itinerary. Accordingly, relevant Customer Data (known as Passenger Name Record (PNR) or Advance Passenger Information (API)) may be disclosed to the appropriate customs and immigration authorities as required by law. Please be informed that the initial recipients of such information may share your PNR and API data with other government agencies or enforcement authorities.
- In addition, Majestic Fast ferry may disclose Customer Data to our lawyers and legal advisors for establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights, or as otherwise authorised or required by law. Majestic Fast ferry will also reserve the right to share your Customer Data as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an individual or corporate entitiy such as Majestic Fast ferry. Furthermore, Majestic Fast ferry may disclose Customer Data, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities including but not limited to fraud, intellectual property infringement or privacy.
3. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION OVERSEAS
- Majestic Fast ferry Head Office is based in Singapore. Customer Data may be transmitted to data storage facilities where we keep our central records. Your Customer Data is transferred for Majestic Fast ferry to perform our contract with you. The Customer Data may also be transferred to our offices and appointed agents in other countries in connection with our performance of the contract with you.
- Generally, in the course of Majestic Fast ferry performing servicing functions such as making a trip booking or accepting special arrangements, Customer Data will, by nature of the task or transaction, be provided by our customers and passengers to Majestic Fast ferry. In such instances, consent will necessarily be implied from the Customer that they are agreeable to providing Customer Data in order for Majestic Fast ferry to provide the requested or necessary service and/or product to them. However, where required by law, Majestic Fast ferry will adopt an ‘opt-in' policy for attaining customer consent, in which event, express written consent will be sought from you when collecting your Customer Data e.g., signing a form or checking a box.
- In addition, you are able to withdraw your express consent at any time by contacting Majestic Fast ferry or amending your Customer Data by logging on to your website account. (Note: this service only applies on-line e-Ticket customers and customers who have registered a membership account through our website).
- Majestic Fast ferry will not seek consent for Statistical Data as this is not linked to a customer record.
- Majestic Fast ferry may, upon your written request to our Customer Service Department, allow you to view and update your stored individual Customer Data. Majestic Fast ferry reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service. In exceptional circumstances, Majestic Fast ferry reserves the right to deny you access to your personal Customer Data and may provide an explanation as required by applicable laws.
- Exceptional circumstances include where:
- - an investigating authority or government institution objects to Majestic Fast ferry complying with a customer’s request,
- the information may, in the exercise of Majestic Fast ferry reasonable discretion and/or assessment, affect the life or security of an individual, and
- data is collected in connection with an investigation of a breach of contract, suspicion of fraudulent activities or contravention of law.
- Majestic Fast ferry will retain your Customer Data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by relevant laws.
- If you have ceased to be a customer or passenger of Majestic Fast ferry and have cancelled your account or membership, Majestic Fast ferry will not send you marketing materials or share your personal data with unrelated third parties. However, Majestic Fast ferry may still retain your records and use your information for legal and/or business purposes, including for compliance with the PDPA or other laws.
- If you do not want your personal data to be shared among affiliates or partners of Majestic Fast ferry , you may opt-out of such information sharing by sending us the appropriate withdrawal of consent form in the following link: PDPA-Consent-Withdrawal-From.pdf Please note that if you withdraw your consent for a limited purpose, such as for marketing, we may still contact you or use your information for other purposes for which you have not withdrawn your consent and such personal data may still be shared, as permitted under the PDPA and other applicable law. If you do not wish to receive any further information from Majestic Fast ferry regarding Majestic Fast ferry products, offers, promotions or special events via email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link included in our email correspondence.
- Majestic Fast ferry needs your assistance to ensure that your Customer Data is current, complete and accurate. As such, please inform Majestic Fast ferry of changes to your Customer Data by contacting Majestic Fast ferry and submitting your updated particulars to Majestic Fast ferry in writing. If you are are a member or a registered website user, you may log onto your website account. Majestic Fast ferry may also request Customer Data updates from you from time to time. As detailed in Section 2 above under the “Processing and Disclosure” sub-section, your booking information or trip itinerary may be disclosed to the appropriate customs and immigration authorities as required by law. As such, it is important to ensure that the Customer Data contained in your booking information or trip itinerary should also be current, complete and accurate.
8. SECURITY SAFEGUARDS
- Majestic Fast ferry takes the security and protection of your Customer Data very seriously. As such, Majestic Fast ferry uses procedural and technical safeguards to protect your Customer Data against loss or theft as well as unauthorised access and undue disclosure.
- As an example of a procedural safeguard, Majestic Fast ferry has implemented various authentication procedures internally and with our external service providers that will involve Majestic Fast ferry requesting various personal particulars from you in order to verify your identity (or that of your duly authorised agent) before Majestic Fast ferry process your request for a particular service, product or transaction.
- Examples of technical safeguards include encryption, “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Further details of these technical safeguards for Customer Data collected through our websites and our mobile services facility are set out at Part B below.
- If, however, a customer does not take reasonable care to ensure the continued confidentiality and accuracy of their Customer Data, Majestic Fast ferry will not be liable for any consequential misuse and/or fraud. If you have any concerns about security, you should contact Majestic Fast ferry (see Section 10).
10. CONTACT US